STOP the Systematic Destruction of Aleppo and its People!
We prepared and sent out a package to government and media officials to explain and clarify the current situation in Syria.
However, no movement is as strong as a grassroots movement.
Please take the action below to amplify our voices and to send a message in unison, LOUD AND CLEAR to our administration.
- Click here to send a letter to your representatives. The letter includes the following Aleppo fact sheet stating false claims and their rebuttals.
2. Call the White House (202-456-1111) and share the following talking points:
- Russia has made an intense effort to wipe out the anti-ISIS rebels there. It has even purposely targeted a hospital facility and a Civil Defense headquarters.
- Now the Obama Administration officials issued statements that seem to agree with the false Russian narrative that Al-Nusra, a faction not included in the ceasefire, is spread throughout Aleppo.
- The U.S. Administration statements were taken by Russia as providing a "green light" for the next brutal Russian air campaign.
- Aleppo is being systematically destroyed and its innocent civilians are dying at the hands of Russian and Syrian regime action, and U.S. inaction.
- It is past time for a no-fly zone and safe zones in Syria to protect civilians from Assad's barrel bombs.
The package included a press release statement demanding the U.S. clarify false statements regarding the region, a letter from SAC’s president Mirna Barq to congress, and a fact sheet outlining the situation in Aleppo. The State Department did release a statement in response to our press release.
With Our Collective Voices We Can Save Aleppo