Join Our Team as a Syria Daily Roundup Intern!
Are you passionate about making a difference in global affairs and bridging the gap in understanding the realities on the ground? The Syrian American Council's Government Relations team is seeking a motivated intern to specialize in our Syria Daily Roundup, a critical publication that reaches key decision-makers worldwide. As a Government Relations Intern, you'll play a crucial role in shaping perceptions and informing influential figures on Syria-related matters.
The Syrian American Council (SAC) is the leading grassroots Syrian-American organization advocating for freedom and a pluralistic democracy in Syria. SAC is based in Washington, DC and is a member of the American Coalition for Syria (ACS), a coalition of nine specialized, multi-faith, non-profit organizations that support a principled U.S. policy based on democratic reform, human rights, and accountability in Syria.
- Read and synthesize assigned articles each morning to provide succinct summaries (one to two sentences or a paragraph) along with links.
- Occasionally contribute a sentence of background or analysis to enhance content.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the Syria Daily Roundup.
- Opportunity to propose innovative ideas for improving the product, such as exploring new technology solutions, formatting enhancements, or creating alternate versions like a weekly summary, short video, or graphic poster.
- Fluent in Arabic and possessing native-level English language skills.
- Passionate about international relations, Syrian affairs, and global decision-making processes.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and summarization skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and collaborate in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in media, government relations, or journalism is a plus.
Why Join Us:
- Gain invaluable insights into the Syrian conflict's complex dynamics and international diplomacy.
- Contribute to informing and influencing prominent stakeholders, including congressional allies, the White House, State Department, journalists, diplomats, and think-tank analysts.
- Opportunity to grow within the role and propose innovative enhancements to the Syria Daily Roundup.
- Make a meaningful impact by helping shape perceptions and understanding on a global scale.
If you're enthusiastic about global affairs, committed to accurate information dissemination, and ready to be a part of a dynamic team, we invite you to apply for the Syria Daily Roundup Intern position. Take the first step towards contributing to real change by sending your resume and a brief introduction to [email protected]. Together, let's amplify the voices of those on the ground and drive informed decision-making worldwide.